St. John Map
If you were to look at a map of Saint John (USVI), you might think this small island has little to offer. Well, it doesn’t take a cartographer to know that Saint John has many things that attract tourists and property buyers alike from all over the world. From excellent weather (the temperature ranges from 77 to 90 degrees), a friendly local population of 4,170, and plenty of restaurants, shops, and excursions, Saint John is an idyllic location for your next vacation or home. The most obvious feature of the St. John map is the large national park, which makes up 2/3 of island, offering breathtaking hikes and views across the island. To get a better sense of the island’s major areas, beaches, and coves, check out our St. John (USVI) map below.
Map of St. John
How Big Is St. John?
The total area of St. John spans almost 20 square miles of lush forest, beautiful volcanic rock, and luxury development. At it’s widest points, the island of St. John is approximately 6 miles wide and 13 and a half miles long. The island houses approximately 4,170 people according to the 2020 census.
Areas Within St. John
In addition to the expansive Virgin Islands National Park, take notice of the five primary residential areas within the St. John Map. While all of these areas share in the tranquil beauty of the island, each has a unique personality. Learn more about the real estate market and culture of each area via the links below.
- Cruz Bay– the bustling main town on the island of St. John, in close proximity to Chocolate Hole
- Maho Bay & Peter Bay – located on the north shore of the Island, Maho Bay is lush and serene
- Coral Bay – peaceful and quaint, Coral Bay is St John’s “other” city, considered the quiet counterpart to Cruz Bay Town
- East End of St John – where nature abounds, with a remote and quiet atmosphere
- Reef Bay – Though Reef Bay is mostly part of Virgin Islands National Park, the residential area runs along the western side of Reef Bay, plus Ditleff Point and Fish Bay.
Contact A Sea Glass Properties Agent for more Info on Areas Within Our St. John Map!